18 July 2005

Lazy

OK, so I've decided to take Monday off of work.

Last night was fantastic. We got to Tantra just as Cary Chang was finished his set and Falco Fabi from Montreal went on. He played an excellent progressive house set that got the crowd moving. The dancefloor was packed all night.

Deep Dish came on around 11:30. They opened up the set with some great electroclash stuff (think Fischerspooner) and moved into their more familiar territory around 1 a.m. Surprisingly they weren't moving into the progressive house genre so much and focused more on their trademark sound that has made their concept albums so different from their remix work and compilation stuff, which is much deeper house.

All in all, it was a very good night. The crowd was in great spirits and it was a great mix of people. There were lots of sisters out and about last night too.

Joe and I had discussed not going into work today, so I was surprised when he got up this morning and left. I was up around 8 a.m. to call Myles and let him know I was taking a vacation day -- unfortunately this hasn't stopped the support call phone from ringing. God I hate this thing. We're supposed to be starting a phone rotation here soon. IMHO it can't come quickly enough. Save for the week in April when I was in Tucson, I've been attached to this phone psychically since before Christmas.

But I digress. I have financial work to finish up for the Synergy Exec meeting tonight, and I might even get out for a bit of a spin today on the bike since it's so hot out. My hip and leg are still sore, so I'm trying to take it easy.

I'm thinking of taking Friday off of work as well and head up to Red Deer Friday morning to see Treslie before heading to Edmonton Friday night. I'm not sure how this will all play out yet.

Our other neighbors in the penthouse opposite to us that have roof access have been letting their cats out to wander around. Gizmo and Bandit discovered them this morning. Through our slightly opened office window, Bandit and the cats were exchanging some choice words and claws. I had never seen the boys act so aggressively! Gizmo was interested but quiet as always. Bandit was the freak-a-zoid, but now Gizmo appears to be the one who has maintained interest in monitoring the windows for their return.

No comments: