13 January 2006

Deep in the Heart of Texas

(June Hershey/Don Swander)

The stars at night - are big and bright
Deep in the heart of texas.
The prairie sky - is wide and high
Deep in the heart of texas.
The sage in bloom - is like perfume
Deep in the heart of texas.
Reminds me of - the one I love
Deep in the heart of texas.
The cowboys cry - ki-yip-pie-yi
Deep in the heart of texas.
The rabbits rush - around the brush
Deep in the heart of texas.
The coyotes wail - along the trail
Deep in the heart of texas.
The doggies bawl - and bawl and bawl
Deep in the heart of texas.

Yee-haw! I'm heading to warmer climes tomorrow. I've been waiting for this forever - possibly moreso to get away from work and shit for a few days. I don't think I'll be meeting up with any rabbits, coyotes, or doggies though. Maybe a few heavies in SUVs, or old white-hairs with walkers. I'll publish pics and stories as soon as I get back. Behave yourselves next week, everyone!

2 comments:

Richard said...

I hope that you enjoy the warm weather. I woke up to rain and 53 degrees Fahrenheit (that would be 12 degrees to y'all).

labottomme said...

Ack @ global warming but yaaay at good weather...i think

Anyway, just a lil quickie to say hello, and that i miss you and love you LONG TIMEZ!!!

I have a new blog and new name, not much to it yet....

MWAH
feminista :)