21 October 2005

S.A.D.

Is everyone in a blue funk these days? There appears to be a pattern of depression and frustration coinciding with the shorter days, cooler weather and the full moon this week. I get bouts of seasonal affective disorder (the PC term for end-of-summer funkiness) at this time of year as well as in late January-early February (when we're all anxious for the warm weather again). My remedy? More exposure to dance music, the arts, vibrant colors, comedy, and lots of sex. Maybe even throw some wine into the equation once in a while. Try new exciting things, and plan a trip somewhere warm and sunny (or at least drunk and friendly) to get your mind off of your innane daily zombie routines.

3 comments:

mrs the experience said...

Thanks, Heloise!

Hor.

I'll be in the drunk and friendly zone soon!

MB said...

Hey, gotta get these people out of their depression somehow! I guess the doom-news here isn't helping much....

MB said...

I'm Cassie/Polyanna, (s)he's Heloise.