12 October 2005

How I know that fall is finally here

The days are getting shorter to the point that I wake in darkness and it will be soon that I come home in darkness as well. Something I keep forgetting year to year is how dark our bedroom is in the morning, and how difficult it is to find matching colors in the dim light. I try not to wake Joe in the morning, so I usually find myself stumbling around in the dark, selecting clothes by feel and pretty much having to rub them in my face to determine what color they are. It's REALLY REALLY hard to distinguish colors in dim light when you're as old as me, even vibrant ones. Alas, I was in a hurry this morning and got the wrong color of socks to match my clothes. I am at work today with black pants and sweater, and nice bright blue socks. Brilliant.

3 comments:

The Experience said...

I thought black socks with sandals was a sure sign of aging? I didn't realise that it extended to socks and shoes in general. I'm in trouble!

mrs the experience said...

Reid? Honey? Turn on the lights.

The Experience said...

I was at work today before sunrise. Boo-urns!