19 October 2005

Madonna - Hung Up (Single Edit)

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...



Those who run seem to have all the fun...

I can't keep on waiting for you
I know that you're still hesitating
Don't cry for me
'cause I'll find my way
you'll wake up one day
but it'll be too late

I know most of you would argue for not reading too deeply into Madonna lyrics, however a few message boards have brought up the idea that she is commenting about the Catholic Church in 'Hung Up'. I don't know how this relates to her new beliefs in Kabbalah and mysticism, but the words seem relevant enough to the RC worldview though...or rather, peoples' reaction to RC dogma and its complete irrelevancy in today's social and political climate.

...or it could simply be about a young girl (or boy) stressing out about a stupid, deadbeat boyfriend and regretting her decision to wait for him to shape up his loser ass.

No comments: