15 May 2006

Race weekend in pictures

The early part of the road & track racing season in Alberta is shaping up to be an exhausting one! Once I'm fully over my cold, watch out! I'm pretty happy with my early season results so far. I ended up ninth in the Men's 1/2 Omnium at the Bow Cycle Spring Cleanup Track Race on May 6-7, with an especially exciting 5:07.7 in the 4000m Pursuit (one of my season goals is a sub-5 minute timing). I was happy with my time trial and Crit results at the Velocity Stage Race on the Mother's Day long weekend. I went into the Road Race in 17th place in the GC, but my base isn't up to snuff and I completed ~113km before pulling out. I had done the last 30km or so by myself into the gross (but expected) strong winds which switched direction halfway through the race from the southeast to the west. We had hellish feed zone mishaps that really screwed up the racers including a big bike kiss between my bike and Craig's on the fourth lap feed zone. We had to mash to get back on the pack about 7 km later. I was destroyed and fell off the back soon after, but luckily Craig stayed in until the end.

It's supposed to be 30C tomorrow, so the Crits at the Research Park are going to be kickass!


Midweek Mayhem - Tuesday Night Crit Race May 11

Action from the Men's 1/2 Race at the Velocity Stage Race in Edmonton, May 13

More action from the Men's 1/2 Race

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! that was a fun trip. Sorry I had to bail on the Saskatoon thingy.

mrs the experience said...

Glad you are over your cold. Spandex + mucous = a bad combo. Well, most non-sweat body fluids, actually.

The Experience said...

So how did you DO?