30 May 2006

Lazy

So...unmotivated...to...do...anything...

I had the best intentions to head to the Midweek Mayhem Crits tonight at the Uni, but instead I came home after work and had a nap. Joe came home with Vietnamese and we're supposed to be heading to the Ship momentarily to meet Tony for some beers. I feel so angry with myself when I skip out on a training/workout opportunity. However I'm feeling pretty burned out these days. Ever since Bikes on Broadway I've been feeling very unmotivated to get on the bike. I'm not sure why. Four race weekends back to back never did this to me before, but this year might be an exception. It's been a difficult off-season and it's been especially hard to stay focused when everyone is peaking right now and kicking your ass. I hope Pigeon Lake will kick my ass back on track. I typically do very well at Pigeon Lake, so here's hoping the same will happen this year.

We're scurrying to get things lined up for the Prairie Steamer on the 17th. So much yet to do. Natasha is still settling things with the RM of Rockyview to get permits for the road race. I think I'm going to be running around collecting prizes and food this Saturday. We're fortunate that we're only hosting a one-day event this year as opposed to the Stage Race of years past. Sigh. The thankless job of a volunteer.

I'm looking forward to a night out with friends at Jon and Sara's Bonintrogagement Party on Friday. It should be a hoot.

4 comments:

Cyrus said...

I took a nap straight after work and barely woke up in time for the crit. Damn, I need to get more sleep.
Too bad you wussed out tonight. It was pretty safe compared to the one two weeks ago. The guys are getting way better at cornering me thinks. If you are into a leg breaker, the Kabin Cafe ride is tomorrow. It hurts so good.

See you at Jon and Sara's shindig.

mrs the experience said...

I can't wait to see you, Reid! Is Joe coming too?

The Experience said...

I feel like I need to get in on this discussion here since we're talking about a party at my house!

Uh...don't forget to bring a towel?

BikeBike said...

get your thumb outta your bum and cum to the crit you wuss! napping is for old ladies!

oops - i nap everyday....