03 May 2006

Midweek

The Flames are losing game seven. It's the second intermission so I thought I'd drop a few lines before heading back to witness the rest of the carnage. I've been sick as a dog the past two days and took today off of work. I didn't get out of bed until 3pm and have spent the rest of the day relatively immobilized. I did get up to the track tonight for a couple of hours to get my new Vittoria tires from ProBikeKit (ordered by Frank) on my track bike. Now there should be no excuses for flats like last year on those stupid thin-wall tires. This weekend coming up is the first track race of the season. It is also the provincial team selection race for Master and Junior riders, so it should make for some fun competition. The weather is supposed to be better than it has so far this week, so that's a bonus. Tomorrow night is the first night of CBTL Thursday night racing, which I'm looking forward to. Of course, I doubt I'm going to be feeling 100% tomorrow night, so I'll probably just hang around in the back of the A group pack and see what happens.

Last weekend was interesting. Saturday was the first part of the Bicisport Race weekend. It was very windy and I figured I was doing okay until I started having problems with my chain falling off my chainring. I managed to slip it back on the first time without stopping, but the second time it happened on the biggest hill, it got jammed and I had to stop to put it back on, which probably lost me 30 seconds or more of time. Needless to say profanity was brought to a new level that afternoon. Sunday was supposed to be the Crit at Race City Speedway, but it was cancelled due to the inclement weather. Tuesday night Crits at the University Research Park were also cancelled last night due to the crappy weather. Nothing like springtime in Alberta to throw you off your schedule!

Saturday night I went out with Cheryl-Lee and Ryan to the Rose & Crown to watch Game Five of the Calgary/Anaheim series, and we ended up on the Red Mile afterwards, heading home with a case of beer. I'm secretly glad I didn't have to race on Sunday because I certainly wasn't feeling great. This was the beginning of my slide into sickness. Luckily it's not too debilitating. Damn viruses anyways.

2 comments:

mrs the experience said...

Hey Reid, feel better champ. Scotch. You need scotchy scotch scotch.

-sb

The Experience said...

I need some too! Boo Flames, you suck!

Good thing my Oilers are still in. Just imagine how distraught I'll be when my number one team is eliminated! Or, to frame it positively, how excited I will be when they win the Stanley Cup!