08 November 2005

Getting back into things...

I am still sleep-deprived from the weekend, but functioning. After a hellish Saturday where we had to forfeit our curling game (long story short -- Tim doesn't know how to follow directions and Bryan doesn't know how to work a computer or telephone) and a long night of systems tests with too many chiefs making decisions, I managed to sleep for six or so hours on Sunday. Ryan woke me up and we went to Swan's again for a few beers until Joe was done work. I crashed when we got home. I had wanted to go buy a new pair of running shoes at Gord's on Sunday (what running store ISN'T open on a Sunday, I surmised), however when I got to the store they were closed.

I got up to the store again last night and dropped $250 on a new pair of Asics 2100s, 'Anti-blister' socks, and a new pair of Sugoi Mid-Zero running tights. I took them out for a stress-release 15km run last night. Got home, barely had enough energy to eat before slinking up to bed and watching the season premieres of The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad recorded from Sunday night. Joe got home around 11:30pm but by then I was too incoherent to carry on a conversation. Tonight I am going to go to the gym at Talisman Centre with BK and do some weights, possibly hop in the pool for a warm up beforehand (gosh-how long has it been since I've been in a pool?).


Warming up at Peak Power, February 2005

We're officially starting the team weight-training program at Peak Power on Monday. I can't wait. Last year we started the program about a month ago, so everyone (especially Jon) is anxious to get back on the lifting platforms. I'm planning on buying some lifting shoes since the old running shoes won't cut it for stability with the heavy weights. Time to get serious! Cory has hired an ex-Russian powerlifting coach to consult at the gym 20 hours a week, so I suspect he's going to be doing a lot of technique improvement with us in the evenings. It should be fun.


Testing at Peak Power, February 2005

I had heard a rumour that they are planning on doing our initial VO2 testing over the weekend, but I haven't heard anything from Cory or Chris with a definite date. Hopefully this won't happen since the weekend is going to be filled with liquor, smoke, and prayers. If I end up having to do a VO2 Max test on Sunday, it will most likely kill me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My aim is gonna be AIR Stewardess straight after my poly, SINGAPORE AIRLINES OK REID!!
IF i am unfortunately kicked out of interview, i will go and be Sales Engineer....... Earning 100k per year.
If I am unfortunately, so sway that I cant even find one job that offers me at least 3k and above, I will go and be Insurance agent or Housing agent.

I MUST BE OWN BOSS REID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend name Shirley and she's more power hungry than me, She told me she's gonna study and earn 7.5K per month and marry a rich husband. Hor.
Isn't that what everyone is looking for Liao???

When i save enough money from SIA or Sales Engineer, I will quiter and do some business. I will ventured into anything I'm interested in by the time i decide what will would i be...

Last choice is to enter University and earn 2.5k...

I don't want to work in a bank anymore earning only 1.3k after overtime pays and much sloggings...

I dont want to be a NIE teacher cos I am biased against teachers who work in NIE, they sucks shitting!!.

I would rather be a full-time tuition teachering and BE MY own boss.

But don't worry, ME as a class chairman would definitely speak up and be brave!!!
I make sure i will whine and bark to the teacher. HOHO.

Anonymous said...

Den I say sorry to jimmy and he also ^_^ liao. weeTx... My mage jus found a Umber mantis today. heee...dunno how much it worth but feels good finding something that is higher level than me..level 60.

MB said...

Dammit...how could this have happened? I don't speak Engrish well enough to communicate with her. Why has this happened? Did we make Gob cry or something?