02 December 2005

Jeudi et le fin du semaine

Last night I had my first VO2 Max test at Peak Power. Even I was impressed by the results. I was consuming 69 ml/kg/min and maintaining 480 watts of power over the final 45 seconds of the test. At that point, I was still burning a 30% fat/70% carb ratio, which is fantastic. Cory said that of 1400 tests he's done, he's only had 3 people over 70 ml/kg/min. Neato.



Afterwards, I went to Yvon Goulet's "Tribulations of an Obsolete T-room Queen" show at Quab. I'm going to revisit Yvon's work while it's on display over the next three weeks - some of it is very appealing. He uses a very interesting mix of stock including acrylic on plastic advertising boards (typically old political campaign signs) or canvas. Below are some of the works on display:

















Also Jim Jewitt had some new Jebuses on display, more from the Munkaspeni collection, and a very cool lamp:






Commercial Jesus - there are a series of accessories to hang of Jebus' 'accessory' depending on the holiday you want to celebrate. There are also a 'Darth Vader Jesus' and '70's Shaft Jesus' among others.


Jim Jewitt lamp - I love it!

Afterwards Jerome, Bruce, Yvon and myself went to Ming for some food and a few beers.


Yvon, Jerome, Bruce @ Ming

It is buggery cold here today - Joe's working tonight, so Ryan, Doug, Darren and myself might head down there later to hoist a few. Tomorrow is obligatory running/workout/curling day, and hopefully nothing else is going on. I have a lot of treasurer paperwork to get done this weekend and it would be nice just to hide out for the rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

CanaGal said...

Holy Mr. Lung Capacity!!