13 December 2005

Eventz

I've succumbed to this stupid cold which has haunted me for a week (and put a hit on my training regimen), however we still managed to get out for all the Xmas party action this weekend. Thursday night Ryan brought Takeo over to the apartment for a visit, much to the chagrin of Gizmo and Bandit. Actually, Gizmo is so nonchalant he didn't even seem to care that this humungoid Malamute was nearby. They have met each other before...


Takeo at the apartment

Bandit's reaction to Takeo

Friday night Ryan and I hung out at Swan's for awhile while Joe bartended. I was still pretty sick so it wasn't the most fun for me, but then that is on a scale of bad night at the bar vs. good night at the bar. Aren't they all good?

Saturday I stopped in on the running group for coffee and meandered up to Peak Power before curling in the afternoon. I didn't do any workouts. We lost at curling. Shitty all around.

Joe and I headed to Don's party around 9pm and then brought Calvin, Shawn, Doug and Darren back en route to Pulse.


Shawn, Doug, Darren in between parties (Don's and Pulse...)

Joe and Calvin

Doug, Darren and I went to Pulse for awhile and chilled out. Sunday I got up at noon, cleaned up the house and did laundry and met Joe at Swan's for the Xmas party around 6:30. After food and gifts, everyone played pool and darts and then after everything was closed down, everyone went to A Bar Named Sue to finish off the evening and watch the Acoustic Jam.


Joe's Xmas gifts from secret Santa

Kirsten with Gerry's decorated Oilers hat

Kirsten with some Joe propping

Joe and Gerry behind the wood

Kirsten and Kari - some hot girl-on-girl action

I was still pretty sick and tired on Monday, so I took the day off work. Joe and I went out Xmas shopping, but I still haven't found anything I'm looking for for gifts. Joe did buy my Xmas present though - the Park Tool home mechanic cycle stand. I love that boy!

Today was back to work. I did hear some good news from my manager - apparently we're out of the danger zone for layoffs on our team, however we will most likely be ending up in a different team in the new organization with a new manager. That sucks. I really liked working for Myles. Oh well, we'll have to see how things play out.

3 comments:

mrs the experience said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. And congrats on the bike stand! I think!

CanaGal said...

I love Bandit's reaction to the malamute.
Get better soon

The Experience said...

Curling!

I miss my kitty. It's nice to see picutures of Bandit.