06 November 2006

What's with the gay TV doctors? First TR, now Doogie!

'Doogie Howser' star comes out -- with pride
POSTED: 8:58 a.m. EST, November 4, 2006

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary.

"(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D."

When I read this, all I could think of was Neil's cameo in "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle", where he hilariously steals their car on a one-man hunt to find coke and hookers. What a convincing straight-playing man he is! LOL. Way to go Neil. Way to go T.R. Knight. Eventually it won't be considered a career obstacle to come out in Hollywood anymore...especially if you play a doctor!

4 comments:

The Experience said...

Doctor sure, but what about action star? I mean if a big star who is an obviously gay man stays in the closet then it's not okay to come out.

Baby steps.

At least it's not just musical actors and flaming fags who can be out in hollywood anymore.

MB said...

It's finally the B-actors turn! LOL

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not people in highschool used to say that I looked just like Doogie - I never really thought so or cared for the guy because of that - but lately I have to admit that I think he's gotten a bit cuter with age? I guess that maybe I should have be flattered? But as Visa says in their ads "If life were like that" .......and sometimes it is I guess even if we don't know it.

MB said...

You're absolutely right. Neil Patrick has gotten cuter with age, and so have you! Awwww....