02 October 2006

Pretty quiet

Low-key weekend -- I didn't do anything Friday night. I waited at home for Joe to get off of work since we had talked about going out for awhile for his birthday, however he decided to stay after work for a few drinks with co-workers. This didn't bother me at all. I went to bed and got up early to head up to the track for the last race of the season, Hammerfest. It was a beautiful day and quite a few people showed up, so that made things even better. I headed home in the mid-afternoon, had a nap. Joe and I got ready and headed out with Jeff and Lisa to Marowshka's party. We stayed there until midnight or so. Jeff drove us home and he and Lisa came up to the apartment where we had a few more drinks and more conversation.

Yesterday I didn't do anything. Did some chores around the house, watched movies, CBC Newsworld. Boring. Nice.

I'm heading to Manitoba on Friday, maybe even Thursday evening. It will be good to go and visit the family. Apparently Dad might be getting released from the hospital today. I know that he is anxious to get home as well, so hopefully things work out and he and Mom will be Grandview-bound today.

2 comments:

The Experience said...

Good luck in Manitoba. I hope your Dad is feeling better.

mrs the experience said...

Good thoughts from Texas for your Dad...