27 April 2006

Broken

So many things have broken on me this week, I'm not sure what to do. So much money going out.

The computer is fixed and running. We still have the crashed hard drive as a slave so that we can pull stuff off of it, so it still runs but it makes awful noises. At least we have recovered all of the personal stuff. Total bill for the fix was $260 which includes a new 250GB HD. I called Future Shop today to inquire about their warranty in light of the fact that we did the repairs on our own. Not surprisingly, the warranty is nixed if you do the work on your own. Maybe I could've gotten a replacement for free through them, but no doubt it would've taken weeks for them to do, and we wouldn't have had the chance to attempt to recover our data. In retrospect, even though I paid a chunk for extended warranty and $260 for repairs, it still doesn't seem like that bad of a deal. I'm definitely going to take everything in slightly askew for replacement before the warranty is expired, however. Fuck them.

I took my Madone and an extra Bontrager wheel into Ridley's for overhaul and repair, and as they were truing the wheel, the hub flanges snapped on both sides. Strange, but I guess Trek is covering the cost of the replacement, which is good.

When we were down in Tucson, I bought a replacement skewer transmitter and mount for my Mavic Wintech computer. Everything was working fine up until last weekend when I finally decided to install everything. Now the computer doesn't work at all. I think something is wrong with the computer as opposed to the transmitters because it is not reading ANYTHING, and when it goes into sleep mode, it doesn't display the time like it used to. I know it's been over two years since I bought the thing, but the guys at Calgary Cycle want to help out. If I can find the bill of sale, they can probably try and get a replacement through Mavic. Otherwise, I am probably going to be stuck having to buy a new one. Commitment to previous investment, indeed.

On top of that, some of my other 'personal' possessions at home have broken as well, and are requiring another shelling out of cash to replace. Hmmmm....

Is anything else going to break? Frick.

There is some good news though - I got word last week that I have been selected by Zipp for the 2006 athlete sponsorship deal. I'm getting a Canadian pro deal through them for the year - which means cheap(er) equipment! I've already put in an order for several wheelsets and accessories.

I've just realized I haven't really posted anything since Easter. I still have lots of pics to sift through and post. There has already been a weekend in between! Last weekend was fun. My curling mate Aaron's farewell party was on Friday at Vicious Circle. We had a lot of fun and the story ends up in a hot tub at the Westin at 3am. Please email for more details! (heh heh) Saturday Joe and I met up with Doug, Darren and Jeff for some drinks at the Backlot and then we were supposed to meet Jerome and Bruce at Ming. We got a call from them enroute that they didn't wait for us and headed home. So we ended up going there anyways, and later on Jon and James Purdy popped in from the Ship and Anchor and had a few with us. Joe and I headed home after stopping at Thai Thai for subs. Sunday was the first CBTL registration day at the track, so that took up most of the afternoon. Pretty quiet weekend.

Tonight is the second night of CBTL registration, and this weekend is the first race event of the 2006 season, the Bicisport ITT and Crit. Should be fun now that the weather's looking to be warm and sunny. Yay. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

mrs the experience said...

At least your spirit hasn't been broken. This week.

I AM COMING TO VISIT IN JUNE!

The Experience said...

I prefer the hot tub at the Welshley Arms.

jetboy747 said...

Hot tub party at the Westin? How deliciously sleazy.

mrs the experience said...

I am the Falconer! Please join me and the birds in the hot tub, my lovah!