17 February 2006

Cold!

So, with the thermometer hitting -30C overnight, obviously there's a lot of structural stuff that starts to fall apart. Right now, there's burst water pipe in the wall behind my desk that runs into the 20th floor bathrooms. It sounds like a peaceful Zen garden in here, however once the water runs into the office, I'll be counting the minutes until someone in my area gets electrocuted while at their workstation.

Poor Skybar didn't make it to Dallas last night, also partially due to the inclement weather conditions here and in Toronto. He's stuck here with the rest of the shivering masses. I'm certain he's very happy about that fact. Hopefully we can all forget about the cold and fucking winter with copious amounts of alcohol this weekend. Did you ever wonder why Canucks were such drunks? This is why.

And I pose the question once again....when are we all moving south? My bags are packed already.

2 comments:

labottomme said...

i'm ready to move too..problem is, we'd be on the devil's stomping ground...then what? that said, the west coast would be so fun, til The Big One hits of course, and we're all wiped out.

i just hope it happens fast, quick, and painlessly.

yay for long weekends! we don't get one here :( guess easterners don't believe in "family" time lol whatever the excuse for a long weekend, there should be one every month.

MB said...

I don't get Monday off either. When I mean south, I mean 'way south', like Mexico, Costa Rica, or even further south to Colombia, or Argentina. Yay! No more winter!I'll have to get into some Spanish courses!