14 August 2007

Wedding, Saskatchewan-style

I just got back from my cousin's wedding in a small resort town southeast of Saskatoon called Manitou Beach, where my uncle and aunt have retired. I got into Saskatoon last Wednesday and spent a couple of days helping my cousin and his fiance get things in order for the trip out to Manitou Beach on Friday. The wedding was held in Danceland, a huge dancehall built in the 1920s with a claim to fame of being one of only two dancehalls in North America designed with a horsehair subfloor beneath the dancefloor wood, supposedly to give the floor more spring and 'let people dance on clouds all night'. The whole weekend was a lot of fun and it was wonderful to see all of my family again, plus meet all of my cousin and his new wife's friends and family.





No comments: