28 September 2006

Damn those vestigial organs!

My dad's in surgery at the Grace Hospital in Winnipeg this morning for a prostatectomy. If all goes well, he should be released and heading back home next week sometime. I'm anxiously awaiting news from Mom on his condition and how the surgery went. I am expecting everything to go routinely and that Dad will be back to his old self again in a month or so.

I've decided to head back to Manitoba over the Thanksgiving long weekend, leaving on the 6th and returning on the 9th. In addition to seeing Dad, the family of my cousin Tannis is having a 40th b-day party/barn dance for her on the 7th and I've been told most of my family will be home that weekend for it. I figured it would be a more opportune time to catch everyone in one spot than Christmas will be, so I'm going to travel while the weather is good and stay in Calgary for Christmas with Joe.

No comments: